Who we are
Teenagers Road Accident Group (TRAG) has been providing road trauma presentations to Secondary Schools on and around the Mornington Peninsula and South East Melbourne since 1999
TRAG is widely acknowledged as an integral part of the local resources to reduce incidences of road trauma in the 15-25 age group, the most vulnerable age group in our community. Our presenters are a combination of Emergency Services
- Victoria Police
- Ambulance Victoria
- Victims of road trauma and family members who have lost loved ones through road trauma.
All of our presenters volunteer their time and their personal stories in the hope of reducing the number of young people killed or injured through road trauma in our community.
What we do
Our team conducts presentations at venues that have been made available at no cost, centrally located to the majority of schools we service, have large audience capacity, as well as good access. All costs associated with the presentations are covered by generous community donations.
Topics covered in the presentations:
- The impact of road trauma – on yourself and others
- The aspects of life that can be affected by road trauma
- Safe driving practices and decision making
- A focus on making good choices and the message Drive4Life
We have spoken to more than 100,000 Year 10, 11, and 12 secondary school students across the Mornington Peninsula and South East Melbourne over the past 19 years, in face to face presentations as they embark on their driving careers. This is nearly a complete generation of the community. Many are now parents and are keeping their children and families safer through the knowledge they have gained by attending these presentations.
Our message is important and we believe that if it saves just one life of a student who attends, it will have been worth it. We hope that you feel the same way and will ensure that your students attend one of our sessions.
How to make a booking
2019 TRAG Presentations will be held at:
- The Peninsula Community Theatre (PCT) MorningtonTerm 2 (June 24/25) and Term 3 (July 22/23)
- Performing Arts Centre at Casey Grammar Term 2 (June 18)